What personal data do we collect?
We collect anonymized usage statistics when you use our website, services or software. Your IP is stored when performing a login or other sensitive operations for security reasons.
When you create a user account, we store your e-mail and username on the server alongside other user preferences. We identify each account by the username, email, and the password. All this data is treated by us as Personally Identifiable Information. We never share your password with anyone and only store the secure password hashes.
We use Google Analytics for website usage analytics and the following personal data is stored: online identifiers, including cookie identifiers, internet protocol addresses, and device identifiers; client identifiers. This data is stored for 26 months since the last visit of the specific user.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you use our website, register, post a content, comment on it, use our forms, subscribe to the newsletter, subscribe to content notifications, rate the content, use our services or software or do any other action that requires us to store your information for security or analytical reasons.
How do we use your information?
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We scan our website, servers and downloadable content for Malware. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All monetary transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
If one would like to change, remove or perform any of the actions users have right to do, one should contact us using official means of contact listed on this page and we will perform reasonable actions to act on the request.
Each user has the right to be informed of the information we use, to access it, erase it, restrict the processing of such data, right od data portability.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using this site:
- Cookies from Pylo: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide a better experience, security and to provide authentication mechanisms
- Third-party cookies: these are cookies for usage statistics of the website (Google Analytics) and for the advertising on some of our websites (Google AdSense)
The purpose of the first-party cookies is to provide a better experience on the website. First party cookies are used to store the decisions of users, their preferences or their session when the user logs in. We set the following first-party cookies:
- SESSxxxID - Authentication session to prevent having to log in multiple times in one browser session. Stores a unique id that ties the current session to a database settings table
- cookiecheck - On some browsers, we set this test cookie to determine whether user has cookies enabled
- _ga, _gid - Cookies set by Google Analytics, but are set on our domain, so they are considered first-party. More information about cookies and Google Analytics can be found on this page.
Opting out from cookies
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
We use some service providers to improve the quality of the user experience by enhancing the website with additional features and security features. These service providers are:
- We use GeoLite2 data created by MaxMind available from MaxMind to determine the country of the visitor for the purpose of detecting whether the user comes from European Economic Area (EEA) to offer better control over privacy for them. The localization database is stored on our servers, so no data is exchanged with MaxMind.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website. We do not share your personal data from our website (your email, username, content on the website, ...) to advertising partners, but they might use their own data to deliver you personalized ads.
Ads are only personalized for the users outside EEA. For the users inside EEA, we deliver ads based on the context of the current page displayed. No personal data is used for the display of ads for such users if they do not opt-in for personalized advertisements.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Out page or by using the Google Analytics Out Browser Add-on. Users from EEA can opt-out from both personalized advertisements and from Google Analytics tracking if they choose to do so.
Do Not Track signals
We do honor Do Not Track signals for our usage statistics collection which is done using Google Analytics. However, we don't honor these signals for the IP logging of sensitive actions (such as creating content, logging in) for the security reasons.
Children's Personal Information
We don’t intentionally collect personal information from children under 16 without prior verifiable parental consent. If a user with the age below 16 has submitted any personal information on our website without parental consent, we will do all reasonable actions to remove the information that the user with age below 16 posted and will not use such information for any purpose.
Your choices about the use of your information
You have control over the information we collect. You can do the following to take over the control over your information:
- If you are subscribed to our newsletter, you can opt-out at any time by pressing the unsubscribe button in the e-mails you receive from us at any time. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from our newsletter, you can still receive e-mails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, password reset requests or any other important service communications regarding our website.
- If you have subscribed to content update notifications on our websites, you can unsubscribe from them on your profile or by pressing the unsubscribe button on the notification e-mails you receive.
- You can disable Google Analytics via your browser privacy settings or by using a browser add-on. We will take into account do not track flags sent by the browser you use and not track your activity.
- You can opt-out from cookies by disabling the cookies from our website or disable cookies altogether. Check the help section of your browser to learn how to achieve this for your specific browser. Keep in mind that disabling cookies on our websites may limit the functionality of them.
Accessing and correcting your information
The method of accessing the information, if any, will depend on which of our websites, services, software and/or product you have visited or used. Depending on this, you may have the ability to view or edit some of the information online, by logging into your account. If you remove any information on the website, it will remain on the server backups for a week and then be completely removed.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third-party links and social media widgets
We have third party links on our website that link to websites that are not ours. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Last changed on 12. 7. 2018.