So the first thing we did was to decide which parts will be used for this build. We used some of the existing components in his computer and added some new and better components, CPU for example. The parts we used are:
- Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3 CPU
- Two 8GB sticks of DDR3 HyperX Fury RAM
- Gigabyte H97M-D3H motherboard
- Samsung EVO 250GB SSD
- Corsair CX430 power supply unit
- Cooler Master Silencio 352 computer case
- AMD Radeon HD 6570 graphics card (we have installed additional Gigabyte GTX 650 now for better render preview performance when Klemen edits videos)
We made a test bench to see if all the components would work together as they should. We forgot to install the cooler on the CPU (as you can see on the picture below) and this caused CPU to overheat extremely. Don't ever do what we did :D We had extreme luck that the CPU survived and worked as before afterwards. You can see another test bench setup in the gallery bellow, this time with the cooler and fan on.
For the case, we used Cooler Master Silencio 352 micro ATX computer case as Klemen wanted to have a smaller setup to fit under his desk. The case is really good, but has very few place for the cable management as you can also see in the pictures below. The case has 2 fans preinstalled and has dust filters and is a great case for the price.